Tuesday, December 22, 2009

orange cranberry bread

One of my favorite things is cranberry and orange together, I love it in breads and muffins especially!! I found this recipe online, sorry I can't remember where and I can't give credit!! oops...but its yummy!!! I made 4 little loafs, you could made probly 2 large loafs or 1 bundt pan..



-1 stick softend butter
-1 C. sugar
-2 eggs
-zest from 1 orange
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 C. flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-2/3 cup butter milk
-1 C. dried cranberrys

in separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugar together on low till fluffy, add eggs 1 at a time, add zest,vanilla and buttermilk. Slowly add dry ingredients. fold in cranberrys. bake at 350 for about 35 minutes if using the small pans like I did.
Bundt pan about 45 minutes

Let cool, after its cooled I poked them with tooth picks to create holes for the glaze to seep into. then I just poured it equally over all 4 pans, it looked like to much but it soaked in and it was soo good!! I could have drank that glaze!! haha...may have been a little sick afterwards but its good stuff!!!

glaze
-zest of 1 orange
-juice of 1 orange
-1 C. powdered sugar
whisk till combined and silky




No comments:

Post a Comment