Sunday, December 6, 2009

cookie dough truffles

Okay I have to confess I'm a sucker for cookbooks, cooking magazines, those cute little pocket cookbook/magazine that they always have tempting me at the checkout line at the grocery store!! Especially during the holidays!! I have Halloween ones and Christmas ones and any other holiday they sucker me into! But, the taste of home ones really are great!! This recipe comes from this year, called Christmas cookies and candy's. I'll probably post a few from this book, they have some great looking recipes(I only like cookbooks with pictures!!no picture..no makey from me!!!)


Who loves eating the raw cookie dough when your making cookies? Probably everyone!! I have convinced myself and my children that its bad for us because of the raw eggs, so when I saw this recipes I was intrigued...:) This is the SAFE raw cookie dough!!!

-1/2 cup butter
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 cups flour
-1 can sweetened condensed milk(14oz)
-1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts(I remembered to tell you!!!;)
-candy coating

In a large bowl cream the butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy, beat in vanilla.Gradually add the flour, alternating with the milk, beating well after each. Now add chocolate chips and nuts if using, I of course did not, so I added an extra 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, which I think that it should be a whole cup even if you are using the walnuts. It says that you should just start rolling these out into balls on parchment paper immediately then refrigerate for an hour, but it was a sticky messy glob when I was done, so I put these in the fridge for about an hour before and after I rolled them into balls.

After you have them all rolled into balls, melt your candy melt I used the Guittards that I bought at safeway but you could use any of the candy coating that around during Xmas time, or another one that I love is Merckens but I order it online, Wiltons also makes some candy melts that are pretty good too. Just dip these either with a fork or like me I use a fork and a finger lol..ends up not beautiful but it does the trick, I forgot to take a pictures but after I dipped them in the dark chocolate I drizzled them with some white chocolate..they were pretty!!!:)



If you really like cookie dough you will really like these, if you don't there not so great, I discovered that I'm not a huge fan of raw cookie dough, they kinda had that raw flour taste, after 2 days there getting better(is that possible that they could lose that flavor?) My kids loved them!! And so did a couple other people that tried them, my hubby and I not so much!!!But, there worth trying for those of you that could just sit and eat a bowl of the stuff!!! let me know if you make them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment