Wednesday, December 16, 2009

oreo magic bars



WATER!!!! Oh sweet water!!!! yes, I do have it again!! 6 whole days without water, makes me realize how much we miss the simpler things in life until there gone...I have soo much laundry its insane!! lol..cause yeah I'm to lazy to go to the laundry mat. Although, I was on the verge that last day!!

I can bake again!! woohoo!!



I've seen this recipe on the back of the eagle brand sweetened condensed milk for a very long time!! But, I've never made them before!! I changed one thing, it calls for 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs but I had Oreo cookies on hand so that's what I used!! here's my adapted recipe


-1 1/2 cups crushed oreos
-1 stick of butter(melted)
-1(14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
-2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
-1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
-1 cup chopped nuts

preheat oven to 350(324 for glass dish) in small bowl combine crushed oreos with the melted butter, mix well and pour into 9x13 dish patting down into a crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly. layer evenly with remaining ingredients, press down firmly with fork. Bake 25 minutes.cool.

These were really good!! One thing I didn't do was to press down with the fork when I layered it all on, and my peanuts didn't stick to the top very well, But, These did not last long in my house!! try it and mix it up a bit!! I think you could really play around with these, maybe m&m's instead of chocolate chips, or maybe some dried fruit instead of the coconut. I think white chocolate with dried cranberry's on the graham cracker crust would be divine!!!! yumm...I am so trying that next time!!! enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment